Voting

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh how life is changing

This is my very first blog post and I am so excited to get started! I never really knew or understood what blogging meant until I came across a friend's blog (thoseandrews.blogspot.com), and fell in love with it. I love to write and I figured that with all of the crazy and fast-paced changes happening in my life right now, blogging would be great therapy! I also like the fact that friends and family (especially my Dad who is currently deployed to Kuwait) could keep up with my life on their own time.

As for the changes in my life that I have mentioned, I recently got engaged to my best friend and love of my life, Derek. I am in full wedding planning mode as I have less than 6 months to pull it off (June Wedding). We just bought a house and are currently in the process of light renovations and moving in. I am in my last full semester of Graduate school and will walk and graduate this spring. I am working part-time at a private psychotherapy practice (which I love) and trying to figure out where I want my career to go once I graduate. Wow, just writing all of this makes me exhausted!

Even though it can be very easy for me to become over-whelmed (Hello, type A personality) I am learning to take it day by day, and really appreciate this point in my life. Things could not be any crazier but I know this is one of the most important and happiest times in one's life, and I want to enjoy it! Here are some pictures of our engagement:

Ice-skating in Rockefeller Center right before he proposed!

Right after (still in shock)


The bling!

Enjoying Central Park

Engagement dinner at STK <3

These pictures remind me of what life is all about: Love. 

Pictures of the new house to come...

3 comments:

  1. wow your engagement ring is gorgeous!! love it it is such a stunner. congrats on your engagement and starting your blog. it is so fun to have a blog, enjoy the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your engagement ring is stunning! Good job to your fiance.. or now hubby I suppose! Where in Hampton Roads do you live? We live in Virginia Beach! Hope to see more of your posts.. I really enjoyed this one!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! I am very excited to get started (again), and hopefully I am able to contribute something worth reading! I also live in Virginia Beach- Grew up in the Great Bridge area of Chesapeake. :)

    ReplyDelete