Voting

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's for Dinner


Spinach Lasagna

Each week I try to incorporate one or two new recipes into our weekly dinner routine. Last week, I decided to try a spinach lasagna. I wanted to do a yummy lasagna but without meat (I've noticed that using meat in every dinner really hikes up the grocery bill!) but I wanted it to have some substance. So, I replaced the meat with spinach, and it was delicious! 

Here it is straight from the oven..yum!

Recipe

1 Egg, beaten
1 Package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
15 oz. Ricotta cheese
3 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Jar spaghetti sauce
9 Uncooked noodles
1/2 Cup water

1. Heat oven to 350 Degrees
2.In a bowl mix the egg, spinach, ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
3. Layer 9x13 pan with sauce, 3 uncooked noodles, and a third of the cottage cheese mixture; Repeat twice more.
4. Top the lasagna with the remaining sauce and cheeses.
5. Pour water around the sides of the lasagna in pan (this will help to cook the noodles)
5. Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until heated through. 
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

*You can adjust the amount of the ricotta cheese and/or spinach to your liking. I like both so I used the full amount for both.


I served this lasagna with a side salad and garlic bread! 

This meal is super easy, and we had plenty of left-overs which is great for a night off of cooking! This is definitely going into the "dinner rotation." Try it out, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment