Voting

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Reason, Season, or a Lifetime

These are the words that a very wise professor once say to me. He said, "People come into your life for a reason, season, or a lifetime." I've never forgotten these words because they are so evident in my life- especially right now.

I've had to face the fact that some of the friends that I thought would be around for a lifetime, were actually only meant to be in my life for a season. Sometimes, friends simply grow, change, and move in different directions, and that's okay. I firmly believe that God puts people into our lives for a reason, and in time we usually understand what the reason was. I have learned many lessons through my friendships over the years, and am so grateful for this.

Now that I am married, I've noticed that my social circle has slightly shifted. My best friends are either married or engaged, purchasing first homes, establishing careers, and even discussing the prospect of having children. ;) We generally prefer a relaxing couple's night of dinner and drinks, over the bar scene. My, what a difference a couple of years can make! This shift has been a slow and organic one in my life. What's that saying..."Two birds of a feather flock together." Yeah, I think that's it. Anyway, it seems that women easily bond when they are going through similar situations, and this has been the case with my closest girlfriends and I.

I thank God every night for the fact that I can call my best friends anytime for marital advice, where to get a certain cleaning product, how to make a delicious dinner, how to balance career and love, and the list goes on and on. I love my girlfriends with such enormity and couldn't imagine my life without them. God has certainly put them in my life for a reason, and I am eternally grateful! Shout out to my bests!!!

Check out some pics my gorgeous friends...some old, some new, all make me smile!












No comments:

Post a Comment